Prep 10 Min
Cook 41 Min
Total 51 Min
For 8 servings
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 stalks celery, chopped d
1 large red onion, peeled and diced
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp of cayenne peppers
2 bay leaves
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
4 cups of Seafood Stock
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
2 cups cooked long-grain rice
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and heat oil. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is medium brown in color, about 15 minutes.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper, garlic, and tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add cayenne, bay leaves, filé, Worcestershire sauce, and stock and stir well, then add sausage. Press the Cancel button.
- Close lid and set steam release to Sealing, then press the Manual button and adjust cook time to 8 minutes. When the timer beeps, quick release the pressure.
- Open lid and stir in shrimp, salt, and black pepper.
- Press the Cancel button, then press the Sauté button and cook for 8 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve hot over rice.