Prep 15 Min
Cook 40 Min
Total 55 Min
For 36 servings
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
- Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven after baking. The bars will firm up as they cool.