Prep 10 Min
Cook 1 Hr
Total 1 Hr 10 Min
For 6 servings
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Pound Chuck Roast
1 Onion Sliced
1 Can French Onion Soup
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
6 Slices Provolone
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the roast on all sides until browned then remove from pot.
- Add the onions to the instant pot and saute until onion is soft. Turn instant pot off.
- Pour the beef broth into the instant pot stirring and scraping any bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the onion soup and Worcestershire sauce, and roast.
- Add the lid to the pot and seal. Cook on high pressure/manual for 60 minutes. Do a natural release for 20 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove meat from Instant Pot onto a large plate and slice or shred and Strain the liquid from the Instant Pot through a strainer into a bowl.
- Add meat and cheese to the buns, toast if desired. Serve immediately with the au jus.