Prep 30 Min
Cook 30 Min
Total 60 Min
For 4 servings
1 stick of butter
2 shallots, diced
1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
3 cups of chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of cream
2 teaspoons of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
2 lb thin spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
- While cooking pasta, make sauce.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a sauce pan with chopped shallots (or onions) and garlic, cook until shallot is translucent.
- Add 1 cup of the cilantro and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, milk, and spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add corn starch and whisk until smooth. Stir constantly and once sauce has begun to thicken, remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into drained cooked pasta, and mix to coat.
- Garnish with remaining chopped cilantro and shredded Parmesan cheese.