Prep 30 Min
Cook 30 Min
Total 1 Hr
For 8 servings
4 eaches shallots, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
6 cups chicken stock
1 avocado, sliced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Place shallots, poblano peppers, and carrots in a multi-cooker.
- Add cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper; stir well to combine.
- Add oil. Turn on cooker and select Saute function. Cook and stir until just slightly softened.
- Pour in tomatoes. Nestle chicken thighs into the mixture. Add stock and bay leaves
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Unlock and remove lid. Transfer chicken thighs to a plate and remove skin, bones, and any cartilage.
- Shred into bite-sized pieces. Add shredded chicken back to the pot.
- Stir in black beans.
- Serve in Bowl and top with avocado slices