Prep 10 Min
Cook 35 Min
Total 45 Min
For 4 servings
2 tablespoons of butter
2 pounds stew beef, cubed
1 onion, chopped
1 quart beef broth
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Melt butter, then sauté the meat for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer meat to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion and sauté, scraping up the brown bits. Sprinkle salt over onion and allow to caramelize.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cover and lock lid into place. Select meat/stew function, cook on high for 35 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, allow for a natural pressure release.
- If the stew ends up too soupy, whisk in cornstarch until the desired texture is reached.