Prep 15 Min
Cook 20 Min
Total 35 Min
For 4 servings
12 ounces uncooked broccol
1 large egg
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup italian breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinke with salt and pepper
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way.
- Remove from the oven, serve warm.